Type Rating Instructor (TRI) Course
Is instructing the activity that you would like to take up? If you feel passionate about sharing your experience and knowledge with future pilots, BAA Training Vietnam offers you to acquire a TRI license. All you need to do is to undergo the TRI course. During training, you will get familiar with the most modern professional instructing basics, focused in the application of the Competency Base Training and Assessment, Evidence Base Training and Facilitation skills, to be prepared for your future duties as a TRI.
Minimum entry requirements
- Valid ATPL(A)
- Valid type rating/IR on the corresponding aircraft type
- 1,500 flight hours as a pilot on multi-pilot aircraft
- Completed 30 route sectors, including take-offs and landings as a PIC or co-pilot on the applicable aircraft type within 12 months preceding the date of application (15 sectors out of 30 may be completed in the FFS representing that type of aircraft)
25 hours focused on the following subjects:
- Learning process
- Teaching process
- Training philosophies
- Techniques of applied instruction
- Student evaluation and testing
- Training program development
- Human performance and limitations relevant to flight instruction
- Specific hazards involved in simulating system failures and malfunctions in an aircraft during a flight
- Training administration
29 hours include:
- Technical training (instructing for computer-based training (CBT) systems or CPT training)
- Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) and Evidence-Based Training (EBT)
- Simulator training
- Right-hand seat qualification
- Assessment of competence
Why BAA Training Vietnam?
- CAAV approved ATO with local airlines trust
- 20 years of experience in the field
- Brand new 3000 m2 training centre
- The first ATO in Vietnam that introduced CBTA and EBT
- Training on a brand new state-of-the-art training equipment
- Convenient pilot training centre location
- Personal training manager
- Premium accommodation solution *
*For your convenience, you can choose to stay in villas located next to the BAA Training Vietnam pilot training centre to save your valuable time and get a luxury rest. The accommodation is not included in the Airbus A320 Type Rating cost.
Become a Type Rating Instructor
If you complete the TRI course with us, you might be offered an opportunity to join the BAA Training group of trainers (depending on your performance and company needs). When hiring, we prioritize our students.
To make your dream career a reality, fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you asap to discuss your pilot needs!