ATR 42/72 Type Rating Course for EASA Licence
If you are seeking ATR 42/72 type rating and acquiring EASA pilot qualification then you should come to BAA Training headquarters in Europe to get your professional pilot career going with ATR 42/72 type rating training. Currently, there are 1,022 ATR 42/72 in service and 248 aircraft on order worldwide, which means that the market is expecting approximately 1,990 new ATR 42/72 type-rated pilots. Would like to join the team?
ATR 42/72 Type Rating Course Content
Theory part of the ATR 42/72 type qualification is a Theoretical Knowledge Instruction consists of 92* programmed academic training hours over a period of 16 training days.
* additional 8 training hours (1 day) must be added for optional ATR 42 and 72 theoretical differences training.
Training aids used for theoretical and practical system training are selected on the basis of their capacity to present the individual system’s operation in the most realistic, effective and productive manner possible. These include:
- Computer-Based Training (CBT)
- CBT for the FMS
- Mock-up of a flight deck
- Classroom Instruction, practical training and examinations
- Mass & Balance Calculations
- Aircraft Flight Manual (AFM) Performance (Tables)
- Operational Procedures Training
The practical part of the training will be carried out at a location of BAA Training partners owning ATR 42 FFS. Flight Phase Instruction consists of 9 sessions, 36 hours in total, on the ATR 42 FFS. Each FFS session comprises 4 hours of flight training for a crew of two pilots. A minimum period of eleven days is required and the training time is divided between Pilot Flying and Pilot Not Flying. The last session is a skill test.
A briefing starts an hour before the flight session, whereas an one-hour debriefing takes place after the session.
Flight training is performed within 60 days after successful completion of the training on FFS. Base training for multi-pilot aeroplanes, with a trainee pilot having over 500 hours of MPA experience on an aircraft of a similar size and performance, includes at least 4 landings of which at least one is a full stop one. In all other cases, the student completes at least 6 landings. The aircraft training provided does not exceed 2 hours*.
*Base training is not included into ATR 42/72 type rating cost, therefore an additional fee is applied.
For your convenience, your Airbus A320 type rating course may be supplemented with various additional courses that you can choose to acquire additional or needed pilot skills.
- Licence: Valid CPL (ATPL theory) or ATPL
- Ratings: Valid multi-engine (ME) and instrument rating (IR)
- Qualification course: MCC certificate of completion* (*MCC can be integrated into the Type Rating training upon request)
- Flight time: 70 hours as a pilot-in-command (PIC) of an aeroplane
- Physical status: Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- English language proficiency: ICAO level 4
Join the next group!
Next available dates of ATR 42/72 Type Rating training course:
- 2020 – 03 – 09
Prefer another date?
By choosing BAA
- To train at one of the TOP 3 biggest independent aviation training centres in Europe
- Proven experience preparing high qualification pilots for leading worldwide airlines
- Personal manager
- Visa support
- Airport pick-up
- Opportunity to obtain a full training package in one place including:
- Computer-based training (CBT)
- Course material
- Base training
Modern training facilities for pilots
Type Rating theory will be delivered at BAA Training headquarters in Vilnius, Lithuania. Therefore, everything at BAA Training Aviation Academy is designed to meet students’ needs and to create the best environment.
BAA Training facilities at the HQ in Vilnius include spacious and modern classrooms, briefing and de-briefing rooms with mock-ups.
The facility features a relax zone. You can also have lunch at the dining room, have coffee or snacks from the vending machines.
Join next group!
Contact us for next available dates of ATR 42/72 Type Rating training course